Special Needs Ministry
The Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Ministry started officially on the 1st July 2018 as part of the Children’s and Youth ministries in City Gates Church.
The SEND Ministry Mission Statement is to: Demonstrate the true LOVE OF CHRIST in the church’s life. We are passionate that all children with special needs have the opportunity to:
- Come to the knowledge of who God is.
- Know Jesus Christ as their personal saviour
- Develop their spiritual growth, including learning Biblical truths, experiencing fellowship, and serving others.
- Discover God-given talents so that “they may ALL be established according to the gospel of Jesus Christ.” Romans 16:25
Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future”
As a team, we provide the following:
- Teaching methods that are appropriate for your child’s needs e.g using simplified language, pictures, symbols, and videos to enable understanding
- Teaching in small groups and one to support to children who need it
- A quiet environment for your child to learn.
- Adaptations to the environment to make it communication-friendly
- Prayer session using child friendly language, pictures, symbols, and videos to support understanding
Children and Young People are taught in three groups Moses, Solomon and Daniel built on sound Biblical Principles
Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” So the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the LORD? Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.” Exodus 4:10-12 NKJV
And Solomon the son of David was strengthened in his kingdom, and the LORD, his God, was with him and magnified him exceedingly. 2 Chronicles 1 KJV
To these four young men God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning. And Daniel could understand visions and dreams of all kinds. Daniel 1:17 NIV
We take children and young people from the age of 5-25 years
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
If you would like your child to attend a SEND session, please complete the online registration form which can be found at the top and bottom of this page.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
A member of the SEND Team will:
- Review the registration form
- Contact you by phone to discuss your child’s needs
- Arrange to meet you and your child for an observation session
Once the observation is complete your child will be allocated to a MOSES or SOLOMON group. Your child will receive an individualised JESUS PLAN to help them grow spiritually with specific goals identified, to guide them and your family on their spiritual journey.